I am running for Mayor again because I want to continue to make a positive contribution to Regina and its bright future. My goal has always been to listen and make informed decisions based on citizen engagement, collaboration and strong partnerships. Today, I want to share my future vision for Regina.
To continue to move toward our potential as a City we need to:
- Be fiscally responsible
- Invest in infrastructure
- Ensure we have affordable and social housing programs
- Be seen as a safe city
- Continue to move forward with the RRI
- Nurture and enhance our outstanding creative culture
TAX DOLLARS SPENT WISELY
- First and foremost it is my responsibility to ensure that your tax dollars are spent wisely and efficiently.
- As always, we will be transparent in our spending.
- This includes a Core Service Review, which will look for savings and new efficiencies in the way we do business.
- We will work to make sure you get maximum value for your tax dollars including quality services for all residents.
- Included in our strategic spending will be to invest in sustainable infrastructure.
- As a part of the infrastructure renewal, we will continue to use 1% to improve Regina roads.
- We will have a new focus on road renewal and look to make Regina’s poorest conditioned streets a priority.
- I will also make sure the infrastructure spending for our city meets our priorities.
- Regina is known as a city where people want to move to and can safely raise a family.
- This means having affordable and social housing for our young residents and those choosing to move to Regina.
- It’s also important that we continue working with our partners to eliminate homelessness.
- We need to ensure that we focus on providing safe communities for all of our residents.
- We are proud of the work our first responders provide our residents and will continue to invest time and resources to make sure these key services meet the needs of our growing city.
- Now that the stadium is completed, I am very excited to move to the next phase of the RRI.
- In addition to becoming the centerpiece in the transformation of our city, the Rail Yard Renewal Project, will also bring economic development and job opportunities.
- I am looking forward to sharing the visioning opportunities of the Rail Yard Renewal Project and Regina’s new look downtown with our residents.
- To continue to grow as a city and entice new companies to call Regina home we must have dedicated flights to the United States.
- I will work with the Regina Airport Authority and our partners to restore flights to the U.S.
- I also plan on working to foster a closer partnership with our regional partners.
- This will be a priority to ensure we maximize the many benefits of attracting investment and jobs to our city and region.
THE ARTS COMMUNITY
- One of the things I really enjoy about Regina is our creative culture.
- Our community is alive and vibrant due to the creativity of our local Arts and Cultural community.
- We must continue to invest and provide opportunities to promote and showcase our homegrown talent.
- As you can see, I am very passionate about our city and I want to be a part of the leadership team that assists with the next phase of growth and transformation.